Last Updated: April 11, 2022
- Database. The Database includes information provided by third parties, such as digital music providers and MLC Members (e.g,. music publishers, publisher administrators, self-administered songwriters, and collective management organizations). The Database also includes the identification of Musical Works by title, songwriter, publisher, and copyright owner information.
In some cases, the ownership information shown for a musical composition or sound recording may not be complete or reflect the entire copyright ownership of such musical composition or sound recording. In some cases, information may no longer be current at the time such data is accessed through the Database.
If you are an MLC Member and you believe that there are data errors or omissions related to your Musical Works, please contact our Support Team. If you are represented by a music publisher or administrator, and you believe that there are data errors or omissions related to your Musical Works, please notify your music publisher or administrator directly.
Because of The MLC’s statutory obligation to establish and maintain the Database, The MLC cannot and will not delete accurate information contained in the Database.
You may use the data in the Database for any lawful purpose.
- Access to the Database. The Database can be accessed in three ways: (1) through a publicly accessible search function on The MLC website; (2) through The MLC Portal (by Members only); and (3) by a bulk download and/or public API that any member of the public can obtain or use. Click here to learn more.
- DISCLAIMER. THE DATABASE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE MLC MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE DATA MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE DATABASE.
IN SOME CASES, THE COPYRIGHT OWNERSHIP INFORMATION SHOWN FOR A MUSICAL WORK OR SOUND RECORDING MAY NOT REFLECT ACTUAL COPYRIGHT OWNERSHIP OF SUCH MUSICAL WORK OR SOUND RECORDING, OR MAY NO LONGER BE CURRENT. MUSICAL WORKS OR SOUND RECORDINGS LISTED IN THE PORTAL MAY NOT BE FULLY REPRESENTED OR REPRESENTED AT ALL BY THE MLC, AND MAY NOT BE LICENSABLE THROUGH THE MLC.
THE MLC SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ON THE PART OF ANY PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER THAT MAY BE INCURRED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN CONNECTION WITH OR AS A RESULT OF THE ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE DATABASE OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN, INCLUDING ANY OMISSIONS OR ERRORS CONTAINED IN THE DATABASE.
- Modification of the Terms. The MLC reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms at any time for any reason, and may give notice of such changes through any reasonable means of providing notice, including a change to the Database which is valid notice as of the “Last Updated” date set forth above. All changes shall be effective immediately upon the date of providing notice of such change. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Database after the posting of changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes.
- Definitions. Any capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the same meaning as set forth in the Copyright Act (17 USC § 101 et seq.).